Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Erik Ohlson
Erik Ohlson Forum Pro • Posts: 21,230
Re: I'd already be finished if I had a mouse rather than a touchpad

Dak on cam wrote:

Erik Ohlson wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

Love the shot and the title. The fur on the cat has excellent details.

A small sensor does not shadows love. I was just fooling around with an external flash when the scene presented itself, and its light is a bit less conspicious than that of the tiny built-in one.

Oh, I "Dunno' " Your picture is such a nice capture, that with a little "CONVINCING", the small sensor loves shadows:

Oh, I was not trying to be modest. I was indeed happy with how the picture came out because there was an external flash mounted and consequently the fur had what Rodger called "excellent details". While you are right that the external flash with its non-trivial distance to the camera axis causes significant shadows under the cat's head (even though the Metz 40MZ-3 I used has a "crouched" design like a hammerhead flash without the handle), I am fine with a shadow being there.

So while I applaud your skills of rescuing details from the shadow, in this particular case I'd actually would have chosen to let the shadow keep those it had managed to put a claim on after all.

Okey-doaky, it had sounded as if you might want more detail in the shadows.

May I say that your description of the situation is very cogent: please feel free to ignore my attempt.

And give that very curious cat a treat!       

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow