Pen F owners (I developed a Fuji Velvia 50 profile you can try)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
VideoPic
OP VideoPic Senior Member • Posts: 1,150
Re: Pen F owners (I developed a Fuji Velvia 50 profile you can try)

MEDISN wrote:

I updated the spreadsheet to separate out Portra 160 from Portra 400. Still not quite where I want them but will take time to tweak.

I want to make changes to the Hue and Luminance portions of the wheel...yet on the PEN-F I am limited to Saturation only. Is there a way to translate hue and luminance sliders to the PEN-F color wheel?? This is my biggest barrier right now.

It's a great idea to update and add profiles to the spreadsheet. In a way this is something Olympus should have offered on the MyOlympus website. I think they missed an opportunity to create & develop a creative community.....

I understand that you like to make more adjustments. I can only reference my own experience and learning curve. Learning, understanding and creating an "image" of the different color functions takes time. If you comfortable with the functions available to us today, then you already advanced. If you not at that point, then additional functions will only complicate your learning curve.

Example, combining color effects can be difficult. Two primary color gives a complimentary color, varying the primaries results in different complimentary hues and saturation levels. Then there are opposite color concepts and many more. Or combining WB comp settings with the Color Creator......

Main thing is practice, practice, practice......

I am working on an article to hopefully make each of these functions more user friendly....

-- hide signature --

See my Blog for short articles on the Olympus and Panasonic cameras.
https://myolympusomd.blogspot.com/
The Olympus Pen-F, Olympus color science, Powerful color tools. Chances are it will be a project killed, because "photographers" spamming the web could not see the value, they stuck at sensor size and the origins of noise....

VideoPic's gear list:VideoPic's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow