How to make SL1 mode dial stiffer?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Regular Member • Posts: 345
How to make SL1 mode dial stiffer?

So I have the perfect set up for my needs my sl1 and little f2.8 pancake lens.

BUT sometimes the mode dial - which is not lockable on the SL1 - gets knocked from what I'm meant to be in and onto another which can be a real pain when I'm using auto ISO and in A mode to get the best low light performance and then like today am in a museum, see a great shot and take it only to later find it is blurry and wrongly exposed to to being shot at the wrong s/speed, ISO and aperture....

Gah.  I was thinking get an 80d or M5 and 22m F2 -  as both have lockable dials - but I LOVE my SL1 and want to keep it.

Under the mode dial I can fit my finger nail in a little groove all around it....

I wonder if gluing it or some other method would be an idea to make the dial stiffer?

I'd be happy with it only stuck on A mode tbh, so would superglue if that was the only option, but if there is a less destructive solution I am all ears....

I like the tiny SL1 as it is like carrying a small m/less camera but I get fast start up and an OVF so I prefer it over M/less cameras I have had and also loved (just not quite as much)

Cheers

-- hide signature --

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
Confucius

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow