Grey Market Metz 64 AF-1 for My K-3 from Amazon: Should I Keep It?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bobolink Forum Member • Posts: 83
Grey Market Metz 64 AF-1 for My K-3 from Amazon: Should I Keep It?

Hi,

On March 7, I purchased a Metz 64 AF-1 flash for my Pentax K-3 on Amazon for $346.65 - a considerable discount!  A couple days later I looked on Amazon's web site and the Metz 64 AF-1 was selling for $464.88 - the standard price found at B&H, Adorama and elsewhere (see screenshots below).  When the flash arrived everything looked, and seems to run (with very limited testing so far), fine - but no warranty card. It seems that this is almost certainly a grey market item. Any chance that I'm wrong on this?

Assuming that it is grey market, I'm very interested in hearing opinions on whether I should enjoy my discount and keep it, or return it and buy a non-grey market one at the regular price.  I have until April 7 to return it with Amazon's 30 day policy.  I'm actually going to use it on a shoot tomorrow so I get to test it much more extensively.

There's one thing that does NOT work: I have Godox PB 960 power pack that I used with my old Metz 58 AF-1.  It does not work with this flash, but I don't know whether it's supposed to.  Does anyone know if the Godox PB 960 works with the Metz 64 AF-1?  I can't find the answer on the internet.

Thanks in advance for all answers, opinions and helpful comments!

My Order from Amazon on March 7: Note the Low Price

... a couple days later on Amazon: Back to the Standard Price

Bobolink's gear list:Bobolink's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow