A Question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steppen wolf New Member • Posts: 14
A Question

I'm in the process of changing from Sony APS-C to M4/3. A couple of years ago I bought a few lenses (mainly Panasonic) and a GX80 as a stop-gap until Olympus brought out the EM5 MkIII.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the new EM5 and I've been questioning if that would be the right camera anyway. The GX80 has been surprisingly good and the only real complaint is that the focussing isn't that fast when tracking. I was hoping that by now the new generation of 4/3 cameras would have PDAF but it seems that this is taking a long time. Maybe the new EM5 won't even have it either.

So there are two questions. Firstly are there any drawbacks using Panasonic lenses with Olympus cameras - I know that Panny's DFD doesn't work with Olympus bodies for example. So would an Olympus body compromise the focus of my Panasonic 100-400.

And secondly would I be better off getting a Panasonic GX9 instead of the new EM5? Or should I get an EM1 MkII.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow