5d3 firmware update question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
knight427 Regular Member • Posts: 128
5d3 firmware update question

I’m currently borrowing a friend’s 5d3 with the possibility of purchasing it from him (as an upgrade to my 6D). One of the more interesting features was the promise of f/8 AF (I have the 100-400ii plus 1.4x extender). My understanding is that f/8 AF was a feature that was added in one of the firmware updates, but his camera is currently on 1.1.3 and f/8 AF is definitely NOT enabled. I am looking to upgrade it to 1.3.5, but the owner asked me to research what people were saying about the firmware update since I don’t believe you can revert back.

Are there any concerns I should have about the update? He is going to sell the camera to someone, so it seems like it wouldn’t be a problem so long as there isn’t a risk of ruining anything.

knight427's gear list:knight427's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow