Export sizes for Event photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rusty5D New Member • Posts: 9
Export sizes for Event photography

I'm starting to photograph live events and wish to create a package to sell to the event organisers who hire me, or failing that, sell images online to attendees/participants via photo shopping cart.

Everyone in this space sells a low res version for online use, and a high res version for print. As I don't know the exact requirements for end use print publications (and most organisers don't know either) so I don't know what size to make them. The easiest way to hand over the print images is via a cloud service, otherwise USB key mailed out.

For low res I looked at Facebook and Instagram sizes and decided on 1024px at 72dpi.

For the print version, if I hand over full size jpeg images at 100% quality they would be 25mb ea. However if I go for A3 size, long edge at 420mm, at 100% quality its about 13mb and at 80% quality at about 6 mb.

Does anyone work in this space and have some advice/experience on what works best for delivery of print/publication ready files? Each job would deliver hundreds of images per resolution (high or low).

rusty5D's gear list:rusty5D's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow