Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
greyhoundrick
greyhoundrick Regular Member • Posts: 202
?: How do you shoot with eye glasses

Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you doing great!

I just got my Z7 today and am up late going through the gear and materials. As I was first checking things out I noticed that when I put my eye up to the view finder with my glasses on (I wear very light rimless glasses) that the experience is MUCH better with my glasses off vs. on.

It seems like when I have them on that, even when pressed up firmly to the EVF, that my ability to see is reduced vs. when I take my glasses off. When I take them off I can press the eye piece right up to my eye and the difference is pretty drastic.

When my glasses are off I feel like I am totally immersed with the EVF. With my glasses on, not nearly as much.  Its like I cant get close enough and make that nice "seal" that I can without my glasses on.

So...I was thinking what might be the best solution (besides getting contacts which I really don't want to do as I need progressive lenses) might be to put a strap on my glasses so I can flip them off when Im shooting or just not wear them at all when I shoot (the only problem with that is obviously my vision would be poor).

Im not sure if there is a viable solution for this. It seems like its more of an issue with this camera vs. my DSLRs.

Maybe an eye piece attachment of some kind or possibly a different approach?

Anyway, thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear what you think, especially if you shoot with your glasses on.

Best to you and thanks again!

Rick

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow