Concert shots – TZ70/ZS50 – Download Festival

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greymelbourne Regular Member • Posts: 296
Concert shots – TZ70/ZS50 – Download Festival

Here are a few shots I took with my TZ70/ZS50 at the Download Festival which was held in Melbourne recently. I didn’t get there until later in the day so I onlygot to see a few bands. These shots are of the bands Judas Priest and Ghost. For Judas Priest, their set was outdoors, late afternoon heading into evening. I was quite far back from the stage so most of these shots were taken at full zoom. Lighting was good for this show. The shots of Ghost were taken in a large covered area so it was essentially an indoor show. They had fantastic lighting but that made taking photos tricky as it was constantly changing.

These shots are from the jpegs, although I did shoot RAW as well. I have my C1 slot set up for concert photography, so it is Aperture Priority, spot metering and centre point focus. I also set this one for 3 shot burst but I think it locked the camera up more than it helped so I probably will go back to single shots at the next gig I go to. I also disable the focus assist lamp, and usually I would tape over the eye sensor so that the screen isn’t on so as not to disturb anyone, although for this gig I used the screen.

C&C welcome.

#1 Ghost

#2 Ghost

#3 Ghost

#4 Judas Priest

#5 Judas Priest

#6 Judas Priest

Greymelbourne's gear list:Greymelbourne's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow