SX70 bird pics

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ralph m Contributing Member • Posts: 900
SX70 bird pics

I have had the SX70 for about three weeks and am still working out best way to capture birds with this camera. I had the SX40 for several years and it did very well for a powerzoom. Here are some examples of the results I have had. The originals were all jpegs and I use Lightroom (and old one.. 5.7) to adjust contrast pop up the colors a bit. I am pleased so far with the results. I intent to use this almost exclusively for birding and thought that some others may have that in mind as well. I have noticed that.. like the SX40.. you take a burst of shots and sort out the winner. I have several other images on Flickr and the Smugmug link if you are interested.   I went for the SX70 as I am getting too old and decrepit to lug around a DSLR and the SX70 with digic 8 and the new viewfinder seemed to be the best answer.  So, we will have a go at this one.  Regards to all..

a Downy Woodpecker in my backyard.. A grab shot that worked out pretty well.

A female Bufflehead making a big splash.

a Lesser Scaup

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon PowerShot SX70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow