A7iii vs A7Riii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vicsin Regular Member • Posts: 190
A7iii vs A7Riii

Trying to decide between above mentioned cameras.  Already have Panasonic G9 and disappointed in the high s/s, low light capability.  In fact I have to stop shooting with anything over 1000 s/s  when it's cloudy or later in the afternoon.  Really like BIF and other fast moving stuff.  Good thing about my G9 ithough is the reach of my 100-400mm lens but again I can't use it much of the time.

Thinking about the a7iii because I've been reading about how good an all around camera it is, but could never get the 800mm reach I like .  Also thinking about the a7riii.  Still couldn't get the reach but am thinking about how much more I could crop to simulate it.

I'm wondering about the drawbacks of all those MPS.  Is there anything about having them that will make me wish I didn't, like file sizes, speed of processing, etc.  Are those really that big a deal?  Also wondering if the a7iii cropping will be good enough to give me what I want when I want to fill the frame with my subject.

Will I get one and then I wish I would've got the other because of some glaring reason.  Or is the 24 mps enough to crop satisfactorily or the processing of the larger files not that big of a deal?   Dollars don't factor into this.  Pay once, use for years I say.   Any insights appreciated.  Thank you.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow