Anybody come to or return to m4/3 after using Fuji?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 7,565
Re: Anybody come to or return to m4/3 after using Fuji?

Bisonbison wrote:

Albert Valentino wrote:

Bisonbison wrote:

Albert Valentino wrote:

I shoot almost exclusively at ISO 200 and DxO takes care of any noise.

just to clarify your comment above. Are you seeing a lot of noise at ISO 200, which DXO is able to take care of?

No. But sometimes slight noise is visible in flat areas like the sky. The regular noise removal of DxO takes care of that automatically when I open the file. It it rare that I need to make any adjustments, especially since it analyzes the file and applies what it thinks is best.

How well does DXO work at higher ISOs? Say around 1600?

DxO has an option on the higher end version called Prime noise removal. This easily takes care of higher ISO noise concerns without killing detail. Since it it much more powerful that option takes a bit longer to process

Im asking seriously as I am considering adding a Mft to my kit. I currently use Fuji.

I shot fuji for four years using Photo Ninja with great results. However, for m43 the switch to DxO made a huge difference and essentially equalized formats. You see DxO uses lens profiles they develop along with their camera profiles. Many m43 lenses are optically superb but only after lens correction profiles are applied. PhotoNinja does not read lens profiles, but lets you create them. Adobe reads and applies profiles. DxO develops their own custom profiles which are superb. In general, DxO is one of fhe best raw converters for the m43 format. The later versions also have Nik tools for local adjustments.

Bottom line, if you move to m43 you need to give DxO labs a try to get the best the camera/lens can offer.

Thanks this really helps.

Glad to help. Noise was a concern before moving over from Fuji in late 2016 using PhotoNinja and Photoshop CS6 and playing with some m43 files. But lots of reading showed DxO to be a top choice so I gave it a try and was extremely pleased.

They have sales 2 or 3x a year. I know around Nov there is always a several week black friday type deal. I think they have a 30 days trial but it will not take 30 days to determine if you like it 🤗

Also, Olympus just launched a new free raw converter, Workspace. Which I hear is very good but I have not tried yet.

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow