Nikon D7100 burst mode help

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
auuuty New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon D7100 burst mode help

Hello!
New to DPreview I just got a Nikon D7100 a few weeks ago, (have had a D5100 for many years prior), but find myself having trouble taking burst shots that don't end up blurry when I pan the camera. Yesterday I went down to a state park where an informal time trial bike race was being held, and was casually taking photos of the cyclists as they flew by, but realized that the shots were slightly blurry when I was trying to track them.

The photos were taken in the Golden Hour (like, around 6:30-6:45pm), and the settings were:

RAW, Continuous High, Aperture Priority, (@ 400), F7.1, 1/500, 50mm Nikkor 1.8D prime lens

I'm also confused about the Autofocus setting in the custom settings menu. What do the AF-C / AF-S priority selection: Release/Focus options mean?

I know jpeg is typically better for higher burst modes, but I love editing them in light room and Photoshop, so I typically stick with RAW. But I'm open to changing it to jpeg if you guys feel it would significantly improve my photos.

Thoughts/advice?

Thank you so much.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow