for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MEDISN
MEDISN Contributing Member • Posts: 740
Re: links

golfhov wrote:

The real question is what '5+' stops actually means. For the CIPA test, its referred to 'bokeh amount', that is the 'bokeh amount' is the same as uncorrected shots with a shutter speed 5+ stops higher. One of the problems is it doesn't say that that 'bokeh amount' is acceptable.

We've agreed (now and in the past) on the real-world translation of these tests. It strikes me as strange that two cameras can be rated at 5-stops stabilization when one clearly achieves this with a frequency the other can only dream of.

many possible reasons. That the CIPA test needs improved. I have seen detailed explanations regarding the frequency of shake they use and type.

Another is that though the test is detailed perhaps the manufacturers know how to game it with certain lenses that help the test. Either due to weight, balance, best FL I don't know

FWIW myself nor DPR nor amny other people that have tested various IBIS systems would overall say

"one clearly achieves this with a frequency the other can only dream of."

I suppose I am not "other people".    I can only relay my results from years of use across FF Sony and mFT as well as individual direct comparisons I've taken the time to report.

IBIS Real-World Use: 4 MILC Cameras

A7II IBIS

A9 IBIS

I would say the best from 4/3 is definitely better . but outside of video I don't know that they have such an overwhelming lead.

2+ stops stabilization in stills may not be overwhelming to be honest.  By the same token 2-stops total light gathering may not be overwhelming either.   Different photographers, different needs, different priorities.

At UWA I haven't found them to be far apart at all. DPR seemed to concur

Can you show some examples at similar UWA focal lengths, same day, same scene?  I would love to do multi-second handheld exposures with my Sony and 15mm Voigt.  I am lucky to get 1/2s which is my personal best with Sony.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow