FZ1000 II or LX100 II

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nic727 Forum Member • Posts: 61
FZ1000 II or LX100 II

Hi,

Since I'm still looking for a camera for a year now (yes I'm slow, but I don't plan to travel soon), I'm looking around and I was really interested in the LX100 II for the M4/3 sensor and image quality in general and low light.

I plan to use my camera for general purpose and compact, because I don't want to travel with lot of lenses. General purpose for me is more about travel photography, taking landscape photos for my upcoming portfolio website and sometime wildlife photography at short-medium range. The LX100 was a good candidate, but I'm a bit scare of the zoom if I want to take a photo of a small bird in a tree (like 10-20 meters from me). I don't plan to shooting animals from 500m like some people.

The FZ1000 II is now out, but I'm not sure it's a good choice. I had bad experience with my previous compact zoom camera from Nikon (S6800) where quality wasn't that great, borders were blurry and low light images were disastrous. Is the FZ1000 II good for low light or long exposure to take northern light/milky way? Is the microphone good when recording video? My iPhone can record audio in very high quality compared to my previous Nikon S6800.

Also, is 1 inch sensor really that bad compared to M4/3? My previous camera was 1/2.3" sensor. I did look here https://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/panasonic/lx100-ii/vs/panasonic/fz1000-ii/ but I don't understand what's bigger pixels on the LX100 II mean. Also, can you remove antialiasing filter on the FZ1000 II? Is the FZ2500 better?

Thank you

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix S6800 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow