New Monitor?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Treborg Junior Member • Posts: 29
New Monitor?

I have a Dell 24-inch monitor that I use mainly for processing my photos in Photoshop & Lightroom. This is a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M that I bought in 2015. I've been considering buying a larger monitor with a larger area for viewing and processing my images.

I went to the B&H web site and saw that they offer a 27-inch monitor by Dell which is called the Ultrasharp UP2717D for $370.

I tried to compare the actual screen dimensions for the two monitors and, if I am correct, it seems that the difference in the size of the two monitors is mainly in the width and the height of the 27-inch monitor is not much greater than the 24-inch.

Since I usually process images with a 3/2 aspect ratio, it seems that the 27-inch monitor would not give me a significantly larger view of my image.

So, unless there is some other important reason for buying a newer monitor, I guess I’ll continue using the one I already own. I would appreciate any comments or recommendations.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow