***Mini Challenge #537*** Results

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 5,872
***Mini Challenge #537*** Results

Some special mentions first...

Bill Borne buried me in exhibits - 121 to be precise - and quite a few of them were top notch shots but one leapt out of the screen...

If you'd entered this, Bill, it would have won. I wondered whether it could stand a crop to make the dark areas at the sides smaller, but the image was diminished. This is a great photograph.

Greg the Birddogman gave me some superb exhibits with this as the standout...

This shot tells me several stories - I understand the winter in your hills, I recognize the characteristic building style out there, and I marvel at the fact that the sheep have spontaneously arranged themselves in a zigzag - except for the little one 3rd from the front. 

DeGijon's scene outside a wayside stop on a pilgrims route is an excellent piece of reportage...

What is the guy reflected in the window doing?

I love Elliott's house on the hill...

This looks a fine neighbourhood.

Gaze's Louisville mansion in it's sun-dappled glade is a super shot...

A sleepy afternoon down south.

Jerry's image of reed houses on a floating reed island in Peru had the glaring incongruity of a solar panel and a garish printed tourism poster in the middle of an otherwise  ancient scene...

At one time whole sections of the Aztec lower classes lived like this and even farmed vegetables on floating smallholdings.

I was very taken with Phil Moore's little scene in an English country house...

Cosy room at Tyntesfield

Den gave me a good laugh...

I imagine a fair number of wives have occasional thoughts on these lines.

Val Bueno submitted a series of images from an apartment in Hong Kong; I was struck by this image...

How the other - much more than half - lives.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow