Using a Nikon 70-200mm Lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chaoseverlasting New Member • Posts: 1
Using a Nikon 70-200mm Lens

Hi,

I'm fairly new to photography and DP Review and had a few questions around using the 70-200mm lens on a Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera.

While taking free hand pictures with this lens, I've wondered about using a tripod. The lens is quite heavy, gets tiring to use after a while and though the VR is great, shooting at longer focal lengths has been a problem.

1. Any recommendations on a tripod for this camera / lens combination?

2. There's some discussion on how the lens should be mounted on a tripod to avoid stress on the camera mount. I'd appreciate any tips on correctly mounting the lens on a tripod.

3. The lens collar - why is it important to use the lens collar when mounting on a tripod?

Finally, how seriously can the lens damage the mounting collar - it's a fairly heavy lens and I always support the lens and not the camera body when I'm using it.

Thank you for checking out this thread. I'd appreciate any tips / suggestions you can throw my way.

Best,

Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow