For those with the 100-400, do you use with or without a battery grip on your body? And bag talk.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cilucia
cilucia Regular Member • Posts: 378
For those with the 100-400, do you use with or without a battery grip on your body? And bag talk.

I have a deposit on the lens at my store, and am picking up on the weekend (and so, naturally, bag shopping in the meantime).

I’ve seen the Lowepro Toploaders AW 55 and 75 recommended (with the 55 version for body without grip, and 75 with grip). I preferred the lens with the battery grip on my x-t2, but am wondering if I would get used to it without (and save a little weight), and go with the slightly smaller AW55.

Both Lowepros (and also the Thinktank equivalents) seem so bulky. Am I missing any more streamlined options? I just need somewhere quick and safe to put the camera + lens in case it suddenly starts raining, or my toddler throws a fit and I need to hold him, etc.

I’m looking for a holster, sling, or backpack with quick access. I don’t think a messenger bag would last long on my shoulders with this lens, and a clipping solution would not fit my needs of quickly putting away the kit away for protection.

Thanks again for tolerating my multiple posts about this lens I am eagerly looking forward to bringing it home.

-- hide signature --
 cilucia's gear list:cilucia's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow