Upgrading From T2I To Either 80D versus 6DII - Which One

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fstopx2 Contributing Member • Posts: 600
Upgrading From T2I To Either 80D versus 6DII - Which One

I have pretty much decided that I am selling off all my EOS M cameras and lenses. When I bought them my intent was a small camera that I took everywhere. My smartphone has largely taken over that role. Yes the EOS M's have better quality but my smartphone is nothing to sneeze at. If I want to carry very little, my smartphone is it.

That being said I also decided if I am going to be bothered carrying a separate camera it might as well be a DSLR. Even now I use my T2I far more than my EOS Ms. Many reasons but mostly ergonomics and speed. My EOS M5 doesn't focus as fast as my T2I in low light. My DSLR will focus fast in conditions that will leave the M5 in the dust. Yes the M5 is smaller but I would rather have the bigger camera, its just easier to use.

I have 2 EF and 2 EFS lenses - 15-85mm EFS, 10-22mm EFS, 100mm EF Macro, 70-300 EF DO. I put my 15-85mm on the M5 and was not a fan. Yes it worked but its kind of stupid to put that meaty lens on that little camera.

I also tend to shoot landscapes, macro, buildings and inside a lot which is why I am considering the 6D - the sensor is bigger and is supposely better in low light. I rarely use flash because I want the natural light but have a 430EX flash.

I like to shoot video besides stills so am considering either a 6D with the 24-105 STM (would buy a wide angle lens later) or the 80D with the 18-135 Nano USM. I need that quiet lens when shooting video. I also like the live view when shooting off the back.

One of the things that has always irked me about APSC cameras is the multiplier. Sure it extends your reach but if you want wide angle its a hassle as your 24mm lens is now a 38mm lens. Always hated that.

I realize the 6DII is obviously more but I am liquidating down so for me to sell off two EFS lenses is nothing.

From what I can see the 6DII and 80D are pretty similar except for the sensor. Does the full frame really make a huge difference in low light or no?

I am in no hurry to buy as I want to liquidate down first. Would like to hear opinions. Pros and cons of each.

Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow