Flash Transmitter - 5d MK IV w/430EXII

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bubbawny Junior Member • Posts: 33
Flash Transmitter - 5d MK IV w/430EXII

Hi Friends:

I just received, as a gift, a 430EX II. I understand that this only can be a slave to a Canon IR transmitter, or that it can be ON CAMERA.

I'm trying to get it OFF CAMERA. I was looking at Canon IRDA transmitters. Sure not going to spend that much $ on it.

Was looking at Godox and Yongnuo. Honestly, there's so many models, it's all so confusing.

So here's what I'm trying to do:

I'd like to be able to use the 430EXII off camera on a stand. I know I need a transmitter cause the 5d MK IV does not have one. I also know I *MAY* need a receiver, given that many systems are using 2.4ghz radio.

I also understand lots of the 3rd parties are proprietary (closed).

What I'm wondering is if there's a 3rd party flash transmitter that I could use on my 5D mark IV that would work with  my 430EXII today, whether I need a transmitter and new reciever that would work with the 430EXII.

What I want to do TOMORROW (down the road) is maybe setup a standard  3 light system where I would have to add two more lights.

So is there a transmitter that would work with my 430EXII, maybe a receiver if needed, but that would give me the option of adding (2) other speedlights down the road for a three light setup?

I am not a wealthy guy. Yes I have a 5D MK IV, but I had done a LOT of work on the side to save up for it.

What I'm hoping to find is an affordable transmitter that gives me a chance to put my 430exii off camera today for study and learning, and tomorrow add in another set of lights if I get the $ to do so.

Can anyone advise with specific models? The Godox and Yongnuo models are all so confusing, and I can't tell if any of them would even work with the 430EXII.

thank you in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow