No "Z" Yet - What's Your Reason?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 470
Re: Peronally I think that...

olyflyer wrote:

armin304 wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

...this thread should be moved to the FX forum.

Where it doesn't belong, since this thread is about the Nikon Z and the reasons an originally interested person didn't buy one.

...but there are more people who consider (or not) the Z over there than here.

This is the Nikon Z forum, and I guess that 90% (or more) of those active here actually HAVE the Nikon Z, so asking here why we don't get the Z is a bit awkward and pointless.

The Nikon Z forum is for everyone interested in the Nikon Z, not only the actual owners.

Yes, but if you want to know why people are NOT buying the Z then the Z forum is the wrong forum because most of us already have the camera...

I dumped my D800 back in November as soon as the Z7 became available. The reasons were many, and all those are valid even today. If I could turn back time I'd do it even today, not a single moment of regret so far.

...so the question that should be asked "Why did we buy the Z6 or the Z7 and NOT a D850 or the D750"?

Edit: I just noticed that the thread was moved.

maybe the forum "camera lenses, systems etc  " is where these sorts of general questions about choices might find a natural habitat?

However, whatever the OP's intention,  i own to seeking views in the forum appropriate to the system i am thinking of buying into.

I found your reply, ollyflyer,  to my off topic enquiry about your experience with your z7 on the N1 forum extremely helpful and although i will almost certainly be buying a z6 rather than z7 within the next month or so, it is good to be able to share views with others trying to make that decision - after all, it is a shed load of money, even if you are working to cover that by selling other stuff.

richard

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
DWM
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
NNL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow