Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm or Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ED

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Harry_Worth
Harry_Worth Regular Member • Posts: 108
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm or Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ED

I do a fair bit of travelling with work and would like to minimise the depth of my camera (OM10D) so I can squeeze it in my laptop bag and use it is as a compact (to use instead of my aging Canon 1300). Is the Lumix 12-32mm any better than the deep Olympus 14-42mm optically? I also like the idea of the extra 'wideness' of the Lumix so it's a double whammy. If it's better optically then the argument is probably sealed. I bought my camera with the Olympus 14-42mm so I'd chop this lens in. At some point, I want a 12-40 pro but this will be as 'well as' rather than a replacement. My other thought is a small wide angle but it needs to be very short in depth ie 24mm, similar to the Lumix. Another lens will be cheaper than a compact camera hopefully. Any thoughts gentlemen.

-- hide signature --

Life's too short not to have fun!

Harry_Worth's gear list:Harry_Worth's gear list
Canon PowerShot A1300 Nikon D50 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow