Messing With Birds

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProDude Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Messing With Birds

I've not taken the time to explore shooting flying birds much to date. But wandering out my front door last night I noted some of what my neighbor said were turkey vultures flying off in the distance in a group. I had my RX10MIV set up with the focus in continuous and focus point set to the expanded mode where it tracks the subject once locked. I was amazed how it seemed to stay on the birds (once I got them in the focus point) like cheetah on it's prey. Very nice indeed. I'll have to play some more with this. I cropped them out as of course it was mostly just blue sky. Also a robin in a tree preening itself from quite a distance. I don't sell this paltry 1" sensor short, it does a heck of a job

Please do keep in mind these birds were very far off and a virtual dot in the viewfinder compared to the crop afterward. I've already noted that online the shots are nowhere near as sharp as they are off my computer, so the compression on this site is a drag.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Panasonic S1 Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow