Distribute JPEGs: PC -> terminals (PC & Smartphones) in READ-Mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gaul Contributing Member • Posts: 519
Distribute JPEGs: PC -> terminals (PC & Smartphones) in READ-Mode

Which solution to share Images from my PC to other terminals (PC & Smartphones) in READ-Mode?

Pls note my workflow below (only dealing with my dSLR pictures, not my iPhone pictures):

Camera -> PC -> DAM -> RAW converter -> JPEGs -> Distribute these JPEGs from my PC to other terminals ( * ):

- My iPhone

- My wife PC

- My wife iPhone

( * ) : Without going through a Cloud solution where the image has to be downloaded again each time you want to view it)

…. iCloud mentioned below would be an exception to my rule as here it would effectively copy/paste the pictures (where the pictures would be physically copied and quickly available on the iPhone, not in the Cloud)

Potential solutions I can see:

- iCloud:

Issue 1: Not sure I want my pics on Apple servers (do NOT even mention G-o-o-g-l-e .. I'd prefer 100 times to trust Apple with my data)

Issse 2: Not sure I can use iCloud to distribute to myself and to another iCloud user.. on my wife PC + iPhone in this case

- ACDSee Mobile Sync (as I have ACDSee Ultimate 2019):

Issue 1: Need to test further, but looks like the solution has been built as many others for the opposite direction SMARTPHONE -> PC (not vice-versa)

- Lightroom Mobile (as I have Adobe Lightroom V6 / DVD version) :

Issue 1: It works, but as a 'Trial' temporary solution only

- Photo Sync (iOS App):

Question: Need to test if I can distribute to multiple terminals.. what about the controls on the receiver side? (Read-only…)

- MobiMover from EaseUS (iOS App):

Question: Need to test if I can distribute to multiple terminals.. what about the controls on the receiver side? (Read-only…)

- Other iOS Apps..

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow