A6400 AF, Phone connectivity etc questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeminijoseph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,540
A6400 AF, Phone connectivity etc questions

I had a6000 for years. While I enjoyed the portability and IQ, I wasn't impressed with the AF control. When I want to put the AF point at a particular point in the frame it was multiple clicks and moves. I'm used to D500's joy stick. I'm looking into 6400 mainly because of eye AF and portability for family. I have couple of questions.

1) Is there any way we can program the circular control in the back to use to move focus point?

2) Does the Eye AF work with ever moving toddlers? I saw a thread which was not very promising.

3) Does Eye AF work with shutter release or just using custom button? I saw a video like this. So I'm not sure

4) Does Face AF work with shutter release? If so how good is this? (Assuming I will be using a slower aperture)

5). I remember seeing a small grip that increase the height of the camera (for higher grip). Can't find it now. Is there something like that?

6) How easily we can transfer every picture to the cell phone? I'd like to set it up and 'forget about it' kind of setup. I know this may not exist. Nikon is horrible here. How's Sony now?

-- hide signature --

Thanks
Jemini Joseph
http://wildbirdimages.com/

jeminijoseph's gear list:jeminijoseph's gear list
Nikon D500
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow