I got an EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 Canon lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 26,856
I got an EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 Canon lens

I consider the original A7 mk I, which I own, to be something like a sub-class in the realm of Sony A7x cameras. It is smaller, lighter, has no IBIS and is older technology, although still very capable.

Because of it's lower price, new owners like myself may not want to go to the extra expense of the better choices of Sony lenses like the G-master series.

Instead I am using several adapted (via Metabones IV) Canon lenses, which are available at a relatively low price.

Yesterday I purchased (from HENRY'S) the 5 blade MK I (made in Japan) "flower" version of the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM MK I Canon lens for $169. So these lenses seem to be low priced, but how good are they and are they an alternative good value for the purpose of such as an A7 mk I?

It has its own Wiki page, and there are several different versions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_28%E2%80%93105mm_lens

The Mark II version may be a slightly better lens, but what the heck?

So I'm going to test this new rig to-day, and am really hoping that it will be an improvement over my Sony FE 28-70 kit lens, (which displays corner and edge distortion.)

General discussion, tips, comments or whatever, thanks very much!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony a7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +3 more
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow