No "Z" Yet - What's Your Reason?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Veloster75 Contributing Member • Posts: 644
Re: No "Z" Yet - What's Your Reason?

JMD-70 wrote:

DWM wrote:

Clearly, the Z series is not for you. None of what you list as drawbacks matter to me and my needs, and many conflict.

Larger Body - Absolutely not.

Two card slots - Couldn't care less.

Top Display - Perfectly functional for my uses.

Battery Grip - I never have used the ones I have purchased for my other Nikons, so not an issue.

Calling a camera "half baked" because of conscious design decisions that don't meet your needs is a little harsh, eh?

"Calling a camera "half baked" because of conscious design decisions that don't meet your needs is a little harsh, eh?"

Not harsh at all,....I know a half-baked product when I see it. Now, don't get me wrong,...I actually believe it's intentional,...as Nikon will release a dual slot Z Series body,...count on it! And,...I bet they release a proper BG with the next Z rendition! Basically,...they had to release it as they did,....in order to have something to grow to the next level!

That said,...I just returned to Nikon FF,...with a D850 purchased today!

Oh,...if you think calling the Z Series "Half-Baked" is harsh,...you should have heard what a Photog associate of mine who compared them to the Sony A7III. First letter,..."S",...last letter "t". Even I was offended with her statement... ...Just say'n!

Amateurs. SMH. At least you'll be moving to the right forum. Now, let's see what you can actually do with a camera away from your keyboard.

-- hide signature --

A retired law enforcement officer now enjoying his lifelong love of photography full time.

Veloster75's gear list:Veloster75's gear list
Nikon Z7 Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
DWM
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
NNL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow