Nikon 70-200 FL/E vs the new Sigma 70-200 Sport?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nicolai Denmark Forum Member • Posts: 54
Nikon 70-200 FL/E vs the new Sigma 70-200 Sport?

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 70-200 lens for portraits, candids and for shooting my son's football and swimming.

Has anybody tried the Nikon vs. Sigma? How do they comprare in terms of AF speed and accuracy?

Every review I've read seems to sauggest that Sigma nailed it, but as my choice is between the Sigma Sport and the Nikkor FL, I need to know about focus.

Biuld qulity ofb the Sigma, beeing a Sports lens, should be top notch but it's much heavier than the Nikkor and weight is important.  Like the Nikkor is a true 200 at the long end.

I already own the Sigma dock as I have the 150-600. If I decide on the Nikkor, I will import it from E-infinity for the priced of €1,769 whereas I can get the Sigma, locally, for 1.369 and five year warranty vs. just one on the Nikkor.

Regardless of choice, this will be my most expensive lens to date.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Nicolai Denmark's gear list:Nicolai Denmark's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow