Is Adobe pricing itself out of the game?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Lee Jay Forum Pro • Posts: 54,042
Re: No, they just moved up a league

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

The subscription model included the full CS. So for a new customer the payment required a "real" payment of £600 up front to get the full CS. Ignoring the time value of money (not insignificant) the subscription customer would spread the same "real" cost over 6 years. In what way is that a disadvantage to the customer?

You're assuming everyone who bought the photography bundle would have otherwise bought CS.

The photography bundle was CS at that time so there's no assumption there. Nor am I assuming anything about what people would buy - all I did was make a comparison between wo ways of getting the same thing.

You've omitted where I pointed out the dual pricing of CS. I could have said, additionally, that the smaller suite would require a "real" upfront payment of £350 while the subscription would spread that cost over 3.1/2 years and get more for the money. Again, no assumptions about what people would buy - only cost comparisons of what they'd pay for whatever they'd choose to buy.

I don't use Photoshop, just Lightroom, so for me the photography bundle is about increasing the cost of Lightroom by a factor of 3 and forcing me to upgrade even if I don't want to.

Fair enough - your choice but no bearing on what I said.

Well, it read like you were comparing the current photography bundle to the previous purchasing of Photoshop CS and its upgrades.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RVJ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow