No "Z" Yet - What's Your Reason?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stan Disbrow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,500
Re: No "Z" Yet - What's Your Reason?

Hi,

That might be me as well. If I don't spring for a Fuji GFX 50s before the Nikon Z7 becomes readily available on the used market. Fuji is about to spring the 100s in June, so by August a  used 50s ought to be well down in price.

My main use would be with other systems' lenses. I have two camera shops with large selections of wonderful old lenses. Lots of Medium Format glass, and some 135 format lenses have large enough image circles to work decently with a 44x33mm sensor.

The Z7 can also be used with Medium Format lenses as well. It just needs the proper adapter. It all depends on how it all plays out. I am thinking of an early Christmas present to myself here. If someone pops out a Z to F adapter that properly supports AI and AFD lenses, then the scales tip to the Z7. Otherwise, it is a wait and see situation.

Stan

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Once you start down the DSLR path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume
your bank account, it will! Like mine, it did!

Stan Disbrow's gear list:Stan Disbrow's gear list
Kodak DCS520 Kodak DCS760 Nikon D1H Nikon Df Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
DWM
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
NNL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow