Anybody come to or return to m4/3 after using Fuji?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 38,605
Re: Gassy frogs leaping into a bottomless pit of wasted money and misery

TN Args wrote:

007peter wrote:

Before you ask this question, it would HELP to differentiate between 2 Fujis!

• Before (2018 XT-3) Fuji camera AF were Slow & Unreliable with horrible video. I would not recommend buying older XT1/XT2/XT20/X-H1 or A1/A2/A3/A5/XT-100
  • After (2018 XT-3) Fuji camera AF were Fast & Reliable with Stunning Video (even beating out Sony A7-III to win Cinema5d best video camera of 2018). Sadly, there are currently only 2 models with fast relaible AF: $1499 XT3 and $899 XT30

5 years ago, I choose M43 over Fuji because Fuji AF was too darn slow & unrelable. But today in 2019, I would heavily consider $899 Fuji X-T30 vs $899 Sony A6400. Currently, these 2 camera have the fastest mirrorless AF, and the most reliable AF tracking that glued to the face. Sony Real-time Tracking AF is amazing, as is Fuji's latest face detection.

That's just a game of leap-frog. No sooner do you change to the very latest update from one brand, than the brand you just left releases their latest tech and leap-frog's you.

Loser's game.

But that's not what's happening in the last few years. What seems to be happening is that m43rds is starting to be left behind. That EPL9 should have had the 20MP sensor by then, etc.

We'll see what happens next.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow