XT-20 or X-T100 for a new setup

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nantocielens New Member • Posts: 4
XT-20 or X-T100 for a new setup

Ok, firstly I know the X-T20 is a better camera than the X-T100 (in most ways) but I'm curious to hear from people who have used both cameras.

I'm currently using a Nikon D7100 but I'm considering making the switch to a mirrorless setup as what I use the camera for a more compact setup would be more convenient. No, unfortunately I can't afford either of the new Nikon mirrorless bodies. As I'd be switching to a new system I'd also need to spend some money on new glass. My budget allows for either an X-T100 with a couple of lenses (probably a 23mm prime and a better zoom than the kit lens) or an X-T20 with one lens (probably the 23mm prime) with addition of lenses in the future. I'm curious as to everyones thoughts as I'm new to the Fujifilm system? You can obviously see the price point I am aiming at so I'm not even considering and X-T30, X-H1 or X-Pro2. I've seen a few X-T10 bodies around but they're not significantly cheaper than the X-T20, I'd be curious to hear if people think that is a better still shooter than the X-T100?

I take very little action and only limited nighttime photos so the slower autofocus isn't a major issue and it won't be used for any video work. The general rule I was always taught was invest in good glass, the body is important but in midrange cameras it isn't a night and day difference between most models. I really like the photos I've seen the X-T20 and X-T100 produce so I'm very interested in making the jump.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow