Has anyone tried Sony 24mm f1.8 (SEL24f18z) APSC for Astro (Milky Way)?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ziggy Aujong
Ziggy Aujong Regular Member • Posts: 152
Has anyone tried Sony 24mm f1.8 (SEL24f18z) APSC for Astro (Milky Way)?

Hi all

I have Sony A6500 as my travel camera. I have SEL1670z + SEL70200f4 for my travel as well and SEL2418z for my day to day grab and shoot.

I am going to Carmel, California in June. I have tried Rokinon 14mm f2.8 on Sony A7 series and the picture of Milky Way is awesome.

This time, I am thinking to bring my A6500 instead of A7iii just to see how it goes.

One of the itinerary is to take milky way shot.

I understand that there's Samyang/Rokinon 12mm f2.0 but I don't want to spend $250 for something I don't do often.

Has anyone tried SEL24f18z  (APSC not the SEL24f14GM) to shoot milky way?  I searched on google but could not find one.

If I want to set infinity on A6500, I understand that i can set it to manual focus and bring it to infinity but how do I know where/when to stop turning the focus control (so that the milky way is in focus)?

Regards

Ziggy Aujong

Ziggy Aujong's gear list:Ziggy Aujong's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Sony a6500 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow