Fujfilm Exec Says Canon Is Wrong, ILC Market Will Not Shrink, Depends By Innovation

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Winlaf Junior Member • Posts: 39
Fujfilm Exec Says Canon Is Wrong, ILC Market Will Not Shrink, Depends By Innovation

http://thenewcamera.com/fuji-says-canon-is-wrong/

Canon executives said in an interview that Camera industry will shrink further more by 50% in upcoming years. But, at the same time Fujifilm totally disagrees with Canon’s prediction, they believe that Market growth will depend on innovation of camera makers.

Dave Etchells/Imaging Resource: So one thing we’re asking everybody is Mitarai-san from Canon is on record recently…

<crosstalk, laughter>

DE: You’ve been hearing that too? Yeah, and so he says that the interchangeable-lens business is going to contract by half, over the next two years. Do you agree with that assessment? What are your own projections?

Toshihisa Iida/Fujifilm: Totally, totally disagree.

DE: You totally disagree.

<laughter>

TI: We really just cannot believe that projection of Canon’s.

DE: Yeah. What are your projections, what do you think the market will do overall?

TI: I think it all depends on what innovation and what influence comes from the manufacturers. It’s our mission to make the market viable. So I think our projection is there’s a lot of room even to grow further in the camera market.

DE: It might even grow? (!)

TI: Yeah, yeah, yeah. If we look at the Asian market, there’s a huge population over there. Some countries may decline, but some countries soon will change to growth. I think overall, the global camera market, you know.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
mxx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow