What starter camera...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trevolly New Member • Posts: 20
What starter camera...

Good evening all

I own an Em1mkii and when I’ve gone out taking photos my wife has accompanied me with a little Panasonic TZ70. She is enjoying taking pictures more and more and is thinking of buying a camera with interchangeable lenses.  Having the Em1mkii I’ve said that if she got an Olympus as well I could help her along and she could use any lenses I have.

Weve seen a couple of packages which look pretty good. Been looking at an Em10mkii package which cones with a 14-42mm and a 40-150mm lens for £479 or an Em10mkii package which comes with a 14-42mm and a 40-150mm R lens for £649.

She has no interest in video (knowing the Em10mkiii has 4K) but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the two cameras and if it’s worth the jump to the em10mkiii. She is a complete beginner and will spend some time on auto but I’m hoping I can help her get the most out of the cameras.

Id appreciate any help / advice.

Trevolly's gear list:Trevolly's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow