Is Adobe pricing itself out of the game?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ADW02 Regular Member • Posts: 180
Is Adobe pricing itself out of the game?

My yearly subscription for Photoshop was $119.88, but recently I was debited for $127.07. I tried to call the subscription department at Adobe to ask the reason for the increase, but was told there would be a 2-hour wait to get through. It wasn't hard to figure out why.

For me that may have been the last straw with Adobe. On1 RAW 2019 is very close to being as capable as Photoshop for my needs, and I suspect that the next major upgrade from On1 will push me over the edge. While upgrades always cost money, I can see waiting three or four years to yet again upgrade On1, saving me a big chunk of money.

I already own Topaz and Nik filters, and Aurora, Photomatix, Luminar and Corel Painter 2019, so I think it may be safe to say that next March  Adobe will be history.

I think Adobe has become much like Sears; so big that it has become complacent, and more affordable options will begin to take their toll on the company. If Adobe restored its 2018 price point, and introduced revolutionary and appealing development techniques, they might be relevant again. But I just don't see that happening.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RVJ
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow