Godox X1c Trigger + sk300ii Strobe + Canon 5D Mk iii setup

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
CameraKitCat New Member • Posts: 1
Godox X1c Trigger + sk300ii Strobe + Canon 5D Mk iii setup

I am thinking about moving from speedlites to strobes and wanted to test it out with an inexpensive setup. I bought the Godox sk300II Strobe which is supposed to have a built in receiver when triggered by X1c T which I am using on my Canon 5D mk III

"The SK300II has a built-in 32-channel X1 radio system, making wireless function control possible with separate purchase of the XT16, FT16 or X1 TTL transmitter."

I can get the test button from the transmitter to trigger the flash on the strobe but not from the camera and when going into the menu in the flash controls it says incompatible flash so I am guessing the camera isn't talking to the trigger. Also tried on 6D and it doesn't work.

I have googled and asked the seller and godox but still can't figure it out. Channels are the same and so are the groups but I feel like it should work and I am missing something.

Please help!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow