A bit late to the show... Mitakon Speedmaster 35 0.95

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ragbasti Regular Member • Posts: 123
A bit late to the show... Mitakon Speedmaster 35 0.95

So I finally got my hands on this lens and I must say, I'm loving it.

Had it with me to a recent trip to Copenhagen and got to really try it out.
Overall impression: I love it!

Super sharp wide open, even sharper stopped down and easy enough to nail the focus with peaking and focus check zoom. I think I had about 70-80% sharp shots when taking portraits of the misses and friends.

So here we go:

f0.95, Magasasa in Copenhagen Kødbyen

Trainstation near the restaurant. f0.95 again

You can see above that the lens struggled a bit with the fluorescent light of the Tivoli hotel, still impressive results for a wide-open shot though.

The day after we went to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, which has a few banger Light installations.

f0.95, just a snapshot where you can see the vignetting.

Great place to get some OOF lights, f0.95

Mirror room with 100 light bulbs, f0.95 again

Also visited the Roskilde Cathedral that weekend, where all the danish royalty is buried.

Not sure which f-number I had here, I think it was ~f1.2-f1.4

~f1.2-f1.4

~f2, if I remember correctly

So yeah, I had a blast with this lens and had it pretty much set to auto with an ISO limit of 1600 for the entire trip.

Hope these help anyone to make a decision on this lens, I couldn't be happier with the results.

-- hide signature --

If you want to experience the Dunning-Kruger effect fist hand, then just join a forum debate about photography.

ragbasti's gear list:ragbasti's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow