FZ1000 - Street Walking, Tarlac City Philippines

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David 247
David 247 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,306
FZ1000 - Street Walking, Tarlac City Philippines

Haven't posted here in quite a while but today took my FZ1000 out for a walk in Tarlac City. Was wanting to try out the geotagging which I finally figured out with the latest app version. Was quite easy, compared to some older image app versions. liked that I only had to sync the time with my cell phone to start, than no need to stay connected to the camera. Just selected geotagging on the app and went about shooting. At the end of my walk connected the phone to the FZ1000 via wifi and did a batch send of geotag data to my photos on the camera. Very easy.
Anyway here are some of my shots from my long walk. Jeepney, road construction, etc. It was a hot and humid day so didn't walk as much as I would have liked, but it was a good testing day and I learned what I needed. The FZ1000 hasn't had a lot of use recently but now that I have geotagging sorted out, it will get a lot more. At least until I can afford a worthy upgrade. Been shooting with my FZ1000 for more than 4 years, and it has never let me down. Now if only it was weatherproof. Don't see anything about the new version that would justify an upgrade.
Besides the old one still works like a champ.

Jeepney in Traffic

Jeepney in Traffic

Jeepney in Traffic

Road Construction crew resting for a few minutes in the Shade

Digging out space to put in new sewage piping.

New sewage pipes being put in during road construction.

This is a typical roadside Sari-Sari store, though this one is larger than most.

Maybe this Jeepney owner dreams of living in Hawaii or maybe has family there.

Trike Drivers resting under a tarp out of the sun while waiting for customers.  Trikes are the common provincial taxis.

I have no idea what this is, but it was setting on a tree stump outside a Sari-Sari store.  (Variety store)

Many small businesses get their signs paid for by advertising.    The woods might be a restaurant.  No idea what Totobits is, maybe a restaurant or bar. and Seven30 Resto Bar is naturally a bar.

-- hide signature --

- David
"The only good camera is the one you have with you when opportunity provides."
Through David's Eye: https://throughdavidseye.wordpress.com

David 247's gear list:David 247's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +5 more
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow