for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 5,657
Re: for all FF BS, fuji told the real story, 1/3 market by value, by unit much lower

Yandrosxx wrote:

With the advancements in sensor technologies, I find it really remarkable that folks think FF IQ is going to be the determinate factor going forward. It's already something many folks don't think is worth it or necessary. Size, portability and features are going to drive this conversation.

Most people forget 4/3 got to where it is today by cannibalizing larger sensor market share. It's not a fad folks.

I don't disagree on the desirability of m4/3, but I think it's wrong to put faith in new sensor technologies. Remember the days when each generation of PC was twice as fast as the one before? When's the last time you saw that happen? We're reaching the same point with sensors, where IQ improvements from one generation to the next are subtle at best.

Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow