XT30+50mmf2 for swim meets

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mgw00 New Member • Posts: 6
XT30+50mmf2 for swim meets

I'm currently an MFT user - I have an old EM10 mk1 with a few lenses.  It's been a good piece of kit for my uses but am now wanting to do some sports shooting where AFC would help a great deal - specifically swim meets, both indoors and outdoors.  With no usable tracking AF on my EM10 I'm finding the keeper rate quite low when indoors.  I realize that indoor swimming is a challenge for even the best equipment/photographer, so low light tracking will never be ideal in this scenario. With the current deals on the new XT30 I am considering the combo with the 50mm f2.  At $1048 it is cheaper than getting an EM1 mkii (which would provide decent AFC capabilities in the MFT world).   The 50mm would provide enough reach for most indoor meets since I usually can get pretty close.  I'm not interested in a discussion on the pros/cons of Fuji vs MFT,  just curious whether you all feel the Fuji combo would be a good option.  I realize that renting could help answer my questions, but when you're looking at a body and lens the rental price ends up being a sizable chunk of the purchase price.  I may still try a rental, but wanted to get some thoughts from the Fuji community first.  Thanks!

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow