Considered the 6400, or even the older 6500, but now not think that is a good idea.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Canasonic Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: Considered the 6400, or even the older 6500, but now not think that is a good idea.

I have a Sony a6000 and Canon 550D (among other cameras) and with good lenses they produce similar photos. The A6000 has a bit more dynamic range and can tolerate more cropping due to the higher resolution sensor. The a6000 does not autofocus well with adapted Canon lenses but has focus peaking which allows very accurate manual focus. I often use manual focus so that doesn't bother me. I would recommend that you keep your Canon 550D and invest in some new lenses. I really like my Sigma 17-50 f/2.8, Sigma 30 f/1.4, and Canon 10-18 lenses. All of these lenses are very affordable and take great photos.

Regarding the a6000, a6400 and a6500, I don't see a huge difference in image quality. The a6400 and a6500 have slightly more dynamic range and less chroma noise above ISO 800 when compared to the a6000. Unless you shoot a lot at night, you probably won't notice the difference. I have felt no reason to upgrade my a6000 and will probably keep it until Sony makes another big leap in sensor design.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow