To upgrade to 5K iMac Retina display or not

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ricky65 Junior Member • Posts: 42
To upgrade to 5K iMac Retina display or not

I am not a tech geek, but understand  a bit about some things...... I know if its not broken, don't fix it.   BUT I like the look of the retina display, and so many say photographers love it, BUT.......

I currently use a late 2013 27" iMac running El Capitan. Photoshop Elements 2014 & 2018 both work flawlessly on it.   I have the subscription Photoshop CC which I sometimes use, with no known issues.  And iPhoto for storing photos......because it works for me and what I need it for.  I don't use the installed Photos.

I have googled a few sites about the Retina display etc, but when it comes to Mojave, it seems more than most are having issues with Adobe programs.....  even the latest upgraded versions.   Is this correct, or am I looking at the wrong sites?   I need something that works not something that looks good but doesn't work.  Do any photographers have any advice???

Angie

ricky65's gear list:ricky65's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow