How to transfer photos from card to computer without Zoombrowzer

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sheldon Bowles Senior Member • Posts: 1,053
How to transfer photos from card to computer without Zoombrowzer

I suppose as I've been taking pictures for 60+ years and once had my own darkroom I am not technically a beginner.  But, as I reach 80 the computer things keep me humble and often frustrated.  My current angst is that suddenly Zoombrowser won't work on my Windows 10 Thinkpad laptop, nor my desktop, also with Windows 10.  My camera store tells me Canon is no longer supporting Zoombrowser and while it will work just fine with Windows 8, no such luck for 10.   Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!

I have always used the fetch photos from memory card feature in Zoombrowser to download photos  --- it allowed me to choose which ones, or all, or my usual: those not already downloaded.  And it saved them as 2019_03_19  --- or I could change this to a different date configuration, or simply put any name in instead of the date.  Then, when they were downloaded up they popped and I could have a look at them.

With no Zoombrowser I have hundreds of photos, many many hundreds, …. oh, alright, a thousand or so … on a card or two for a couple of years and it really is time I did something about it.   Is there a software program I can get, buy, that will do for me what Zoombrowser did?

If not, I may have to take up watercolors --- I'd get results faster.

Many thanks for listening ...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow