D800 TAKING BETTER PICTURES OF LANDSCAPE VS PORTRAITS

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richmcqueenphoto Forum Member • Posts: 67
D800 TAKING BETTER PICTURES OF LANDSCAPE VS PORTRAITS

I ran into some issues with the D800 lately so I reset the camera to factory settings. Before this took place I found out about Nikons free software NX & Picture Quality Control. My images of people weren’t as sharp as I liked them to be.

I used PCQ to add my own filter for extra sharpness, image rendering to my D800 and soon after every image of a person has been very high contrast and out of focus. After not liking the results I deleted the filters from camera and CF card.

Even after the images still appear to no longer come out sharp or normal looking even in standard/neutral modes.

This is what drove me to reset the camera. After reset I went back over the menu settings and started taking pictures around the kitchen. All images came out as sharp as I’ve ever seen. Even at high ISO and low shutter with no flash but when I take pictures of a person it’s still blurry and out of focus. Like very out of focus and soft

is there any way to fix this issue?. I’m hoping reinstalling the new firmware will correct the issue since resetting the camera hasn’t worked. This issue is only when taking photos of a person.

Richmcqueenphoto's gear list:Richmcqueenphoto's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow