SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 9,424
Re: Walmart’s On-Line-Only Grey Flea Market

James809 wrote:

lickity split wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

Third party repair service does not have access to the parts.

They do have access to the parts after the camera has been on the market for a while. That's the case for a D810 .

Oh, be serious. Do you know definition of "rumors"? On top of that did you actually read the article? did you actually go on the Nikon site. They are totally wrong. What it means is that if the camera is new it can only be repaired by the Nikon. But if the camera is old it can be repaired by an authorized repair service. No where it says that Nikon provides non-authorized service. Easy to check, just type in Nikon D4 in to search box and site will list all the authorized service places.

That is why it says right on top:

Find a Nikon Authorized Repair Station.

if something serious happens then grey market camera most likely out of luck.

Once Nikon makes the parts available there is little difference: I'd bet one pays less with a 3rd party repair.

Read above. Nikon does not sell parts to non-authorized services.

This was announced a few years ago.....

https://petapixel.com/2016/05/20/nikon-now-allows-grey-market-camera-repairs-us/

Yeah, don't get him started on this link. I can see the vein bulging on his neck now.

These is nothing bulging on my neck. Check the dates on both sites. 4 days apart. Petapixel got it from Nikon Rumors. But that does not make true. But like I said you can believe whatever you want.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow