DxO PhotoLab 2 Noise Reduction

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nboyer Veteran Member • Posts: 5,130
You Got Me Jim...

Well, okay, you got me Jim :-).  DxO does not yet support the E-M1X.  Dang it.  -Norm

James Stirling wrote:

nboyer wrote:

Jim - Are you up for a little fun? :-). If you provide a high ISO raw file, I'd like to give it a shot with DxO and you can convert with whatever you prefer and we can put it up for people to choose which they prefer. All done in good fun of course. Cheers. -Norm

Norm, I actually do not have any high ISO shots and rather than take a contrived one why don't we use one of the DPreview samples. I was just looking at the E-M1X samples and this murky image is amongst them .

https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/7114239063/olympus-e-m1x-sample-gallery/3244527197

Challenge on ? though given I avoid high ISO like the plague I think I already at a disadvantage

James Stirling wrote:

I know a lot of folk here swear by DXO prime but I don't see it any better than other NR software options . When you look at the posted prime example at all closely it looks like a cartoon . I hate high ISO noise so I am possibly an over harsh judge Unless you are forced by circumstances to go down that dark and noisy road avoiding it is the best option

Given the excellent IBIS and a static subject { I know you were just picking a handy test subject } you could easily have shot this 4 stops lower at 1600 ISO or better still used a tripod and shot at base ISO

nboyer's gear list:nboyer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Canon PowerShot G7 X Leica X (Typ 113) Leica M8.2 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow