DxO PhotoLab 2 Noise Reduction

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
boxerman Senior Member • Posts: 1,546
Olympus Viewer/Workspace (and download serial number)

Newbie6824 wrote:

Do you have any thoughts about the free Olympus software? I don't have the experience to comment. But I found this video interesting.

I seldom have need of noise reduction software. I'm generally not sensitive to non-chroma (color) noise; chroma noise is easy to clean up most times, if it appears. Default settings usually put it below my personal threshold of concern.

I have used Olympus Viewer when I need some. It's fine for me. I assume the newer version (Workspace) is faster, but haven't checked. Then, for me, I'm all fine.

(It turns out that, although Olympus asks for your serial number, you don't need it. All you have to do is enter the right number of digits. I think I use 0123456789, + or - one digit. I'm too lazy to go to my camera or to copy over the SN for easy entry.)

I keep track of noise reduction software, in case I need it. But, aside from free stuff (Olympus, for example), I have not found a need. This is no doubt partly because I seldom go to ISO 3200, much less more.

Since My E-M5, I've reduced noise reduction on camera to "low" and also reduced default sharpening. Suits me most times, and gets a cleaner (by my standard) image generally by default.

-- hide signature --

The BoxerMan

boxerman's gear list:boxerman's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow