***Weekly Wildlife Thread: Mar 17th - 23rd***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
OP zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 31,268
Re: Roscoe,

rgwaller1 wrote:

It is an add on to the A7rIII. I can not give up my resolution but wanted to see how the A9 could help me capture better shots on smaller and faster birds. It did really well on the Killdeer's but would have liked to had the 43mp of the A7RIII so I could have cropped the photo more. Looking forward to the upcoming firmware on both cameras and that should help with even better results.

Makes sense.  I had strongly been considering getting the A9 as well, but I had a similar hangup with the 24MP on full-frame - similar to you losing res compared to the A7RIII, I was worried at how much more I'd need to crop compared to the APS-C sensor.

I like what the A6400 did with purported improvements in tracking, and now am really waiting to see if Sony will be coming out with an upmarket APS-C body - I'm definitely hoping for a 'mini-A9' with APS-C sensor of 24-30MP.  That would definitely be my next camera.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow